top of page
This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site: https://www.safegigs.ie/
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 16 years of age.
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Safe Gigs
Name or title of Data Protection Officer: Mary Crilly
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: 5 Camden Place, Cork City, Co Cork
Telephone number: 087 153 3393 / 1800 496 496
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org
2. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU, FOR WHAT PURPOSE AND ON WHAT GROUND WE PROCESS IT
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
· Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defense of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
· Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our Wix analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
Safe Gigs is a new initiative to make gigs and nightlife safer by creating a zero-tolerance environment for sexual violence. We work with venues, artists, staff, crew, security, promoters, and gig goers to eliminate sexual violence.
We collect information from venues who sign-up to be a part of this program but we do not collect sensitive date.
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such Wix based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, such as search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators.
4. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR BUSINESS DATA
We may have to share your business data with the parties set out below once we have received your consent to do so:
• Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
• Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
• Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your business data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your business data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
5. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Our hosting is with LetsHost and they have servers based in Ireland. Our website is held on the Wix platform with servers in the EU/EEA.
6. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place security measures to prevent your business data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your business data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your business data on our instructions, and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
7. DATA RETENTION
Safe Gigs only captures the data of venues that sign up to our new initiative – we do no collect personal data as part of this website and program. Once we have established that this venue will follow the program guidelines and fully and truthfully reflect the principles of Safe Gigs then we will add their name to our program and add their name to our approved venues.
Given that we are handling business data we do not process personal data as per GDPR and we only retain the business data for as long as it is applicable and accurate.
8. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You can see more about these rights at: https://www.dataprotection.ie/
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at email@example.com
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://www.dataprotection.ie/. We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
9. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit. There will also be other third-party links attached to the Wix platform which are used to enhance the performance of the website. Please note this is not an exhaustive list and can be added to or deleted to as this website evolves.
bottom of page